Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makes me stronger

Whatever doesn't kill me.... makes me stronger. Random snippets from our chaotic lives, to keep the relo's and everyone else out there entertained! ;) Header paper from "Style" by Amy Knepper. Fonts used are Broken 15 and Arial.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

SAHM of 2 boys, Ty and Sam. Wife of nine years to Skip. Usually seen with my face behind my camera!

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Photo WOW!!

Ok, I really shouldn't share this with you, because then the secret is out and you won't stare in wonder at me anymore....

Oh, yeah, didn't you realise? that's your job!! My job is to be amazing, and your job is to be amazed. Ok, just kidding.

I am a member of a few yahoo groups, not to mention a blog-hopper, and this came my way this evening, and I couldn't wait to play. I already read Anita's blog on a semi-regular basis (daily as opposed to those blogs I check several times a day hahaha).

I had never heard of these Cameras before, but it's a "Faux Lomo" effect to simulate this amazing look obtained, by all people, by the KGB. Man, those guys could teach ME some stuff. Even DH approves, which is a bit scary.

Here's the before pic. Very before.... NO post processing done at all, which I would normally at least tidy it up a BIT... 350D's leave grey casts on photos, that are very easy to take out and make a world of difference. Ok, off topic again. Sorry. :)



First I fiddled with it myself and converted it to a very nice sepia... (If I do say so myself....)



Then, all you need to do is go HERE and follow Anita's very simple steps.... and this is what you'll get.


Isn't it a stunning effect? Not one I'd use on EVERY photo, ok, but MAN.... this is just what I needed with all the extra scrapping I'll be getting up to! So THANKS Anita, you rock!

6 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

wow that is cool!!!! - btw I so was nearly going to ask on thursday the dt question - as I thought it was a funny thing to say as you had been on the other teams for so long :P

CONGRATS hehe ;)

9:19 pm  
Blogger ksharonk said...

Waaaa!!! The link's not working, Cass ... I'll be back later to see if it is working ... looks GREAT! :)

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're very welcome Cass - and wow what a difference it makes to the photo... just beautiful!!!

2:03 am  
Blogger Katie Nelson said...

Hi Cassie,

I found your blog from our yahoo group. I've added it to my blogroll.

Thanks for pointing me toward Anita's post on this!

Katie

6:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW that effect is stunning!!! Almost makes me want to try and use PhotoShop...almost!!!

If I ever want that effect I will just email the photo over to you ok....he he he *evil laugh* he he he.

Sandi :)

11:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, that is just *too* cool, Cass! Thanks for pointing that out. I have to try it now!!

7:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home