Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makes me stronger

Whatever doesn't kill me.... makes me stronger. Random snippets from our chaotic lives, to keep the relo's and everyone else out there entertained! ;) Header paper from "Style" by Amy Knepper. Fonts used are Broken 15 and Arial.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

SAHM of 2 boys, Ty and Sam. Wife of nine years to Skip. Usually seen with my face behind my camera!

Friday, April 07, 2006

Save me from LAVENDER

and MAUVE and LILAC and purple in general.

I'm not sure who it was that decreed that the advent of Spring in the Northern climes had to be heralded and indeed over compensated for by purple, but there it is. Please don't get me wrong. I have nothing against the colour. I might even wear it one day. But I just CAN'T scrap with it. I get over 100 ads for digi-scrapping through my email every week. I just wish I had a dollar for all of them that had kits that had purple. I'd be able to go out and afford to buy a kit that didn't with all that money!!

Meanwhile, I just came across something really cool, and in fact, un-purple.

Cyclone Larry

For the benefit of all my US and other visitors, Cyclone Larry (equivalent of a hurricane) was a category 5 storm that hit the northern queensland coast a few weeks ago. It devastated several communities, north of where my DH grew up. 3 Great Aussie designers have gotten together to make a charity kit for helping out the victims who in one fell swoop lost their homes, their jobs and their industries. Please go look at this gorgeous kit and consider buying it. It's huge, it's NOT purple and I think it's good value! And pass the word on! :)

{{hugs}} to you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am so with you on purple! It seems like everything is purple or lime green lately. I used to hate pink too, until I got the girl of course.

And thanks for the heads up on Cyclone Larry. I don't even check my local news, so I hadn't heard. I hope the recovery and rebuilding goes quickly. I had to buy that awesome kit!!

7:09 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep I hear your cries on the purple thing........ewwwww!!! It is impossible to scrap with I reckon.

Gorgeous kit however is the cyclone Larry one. Must pop over and buy it when I get a minute. Thanks for letting us know about it. Hopefully it will raise some much needed $$ for those poor people.

Sandi :)

12:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home