Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makes me stronger

Whatever doesn't kill me.... makes me stronger. Random snippets from our chaotic lives, to keep the relo's and everyone else out there entertained! ;) Header paper from "Style" by Amy Knepper. Fonts used are Broken 15 and Arial.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

SAHM of 2 boys, Ty and Sam. Wife of nine years to Skip. Usually seen with my face behind my camera!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hey Dad !!

Ok, vent over....

I just wanted to share my latest layout with you all. As usual it's had a mixed reception. No comments at SBB (surprise surprise). No comments at DSW (no surprise). and 4 very generous and enthusiastic comments at DigiScrapDivas.com, from gals that I really admire and respect the work of, Jess and Dani included. Thanks girls, you made my day!

Papers and elements from Dirty Boy kit by Fernlili. Inked edge action (which I put on everything except my cereal ) from AtomicCupcake.com. Fonts used are My Old Remington, Kristen ITC, LoveMeAvenue. Created in Photoshop 7.

This was a hysterical moment after dinner at the end of last term. Sammy's class had a relief teacher for the last 3 weeks of term, who, smart woman, was teaching them sign language to keep the classroom noise down to a dull roar. I don't know if it worked or not ;) but he did learn some great things.

Well, I finally did it.... I emailed off my Best and Brightest entry. 10 original, never before seen layouts. And I'm so happy with the vast majority of them. Really. Really happy. The way I figure it, even if I don't win, I've got some good things to submit to other magazines in the new year. So now I have to wait until then, but I'm not holding my breath. I only entered for the challenge.

Meanwhile, I am holding my breath, waiting for my Jen Wilson CT rejection.... I'm not normally negative, but I was blog surfing today and discovered some of the other entries, by scrappers that I seriously admire. She's got to pick them over me, I know I would. But I had fun, and hey, I tried. Now to go and find some rich dark chocolate and drown my sorrows.

Or, in fact, time to go get the muchkins from school.... later!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Peta said...

wahoo on the entry hun!! Can't wait to see what you got up to!! :)

I know what you mean about the Jen thing - only a few more days left now *sigh* hehe

really should of hired out those hit men huh ROFL

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home