Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Makes me stronger

Whatever doesn't kill me.... makes me stronger. Random snippets from our chaotic lives, to keep the relo's and everyone else out there entertained! ;) Header paper from "Style" by Amy Knepper. Fonts used are Broken 15 and Arial.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

SAHM of 2 boys, Ty and Sam. Wife of nine years to Skip. Usually seen with my face behind my camera!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Irises

So my photo shoot with the irises wasn't a raging success, but I did get a couple of good ones. I tried three different backdrops, Black, Calico and a really soft sage green fabric - some benefits to having more fabric laying around than you can poke the proverbial stick at.... anyone want a nice orange backdrop? eeek!!!




My front garden has a huge strip of Irises all the same as these and flowering madly at the moment. There are also some yellow ones that I planted sight unseen which are just opening today - so watch out for photos of them too, as well as a beautiful Sapphire blue one.

I got all of my irises at the local community thrift shop - ppl would dig over their beds and separate the big clumps and donate their spares - I got 15 for 10c each, another 10 for 20c each, and then 10 more for 15c from memory - I love cheap gardening!! and they are SOOO cheerful and happy, they make me smile everytime I have to go out (which is often!). Isn't that what it's all about?

I'm still struggling to come to grips with Depth of Field/aperture.... Because I took these with my 50mm lens, which I do love, don't get me wrong, some of them were shot at such a huge aperture it feels like the depth of field was approximately the thickness of a piece of paper.

Both of these pictures have had moderate USM applied, and a little bit of levels tweaking.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to let me know you were here!! ;)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love pics. That black background really highlights the colour of the Iris.

1:54 pm  
Blogger dani said...

wow!! your photos are amazing!!

7:48 pm  
Blogger ksharonk said...

Hi Cass! I enjoyed reading your blog ... your photos are beautiful. I've just started blogging too, from the other side of the country, Brisbane. I'll be back to read some more ... regards Sharon.

9:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home